– Income from biotech companies rose from $158 million in 2004 to $276 million in 2007, an 80 percent increase.
– Biotechnology expenditure increased 63 percent over the same period.
– Exports for the core group have almost doubled, from $53 million in 2004 to $104 million in
– 20 percent of the core group have operations in the Auckland region.
– The core biotechnology group has grown steadily from 30 organisations in 2004 to 90 organisations in 2007, but the number of organisations in the active group decreased from 54 to 39 over the same period. The number of research institutions in the biotechnology sector remained stable.
More information here.