A panel of experts has published a list of the top 25 outstanding ecological restoration projects in Australia and New Zealand.
The 18-month search for the top projects was initiated by Ecological Management & Restoration (EMR), the management-oriented journal of the Ecological Society of Australia, and the Society for Ecological Restoration International (SER International), the world’s premier restoration body.
Eight of the 25 outstanding projects selected were from New Zealand, including:
- Tiritiri Matangi Island
- Maungatautari Ecological Island
- Te Urewera Mainland Island
- Bushy Park Sanctuary
- Mana Island Scientific Reserve
- ZEALANDIA-Karori Sanctuary
- Rotoiti Nature Recovery Project
- Fiordland Island Restoration
NZ Herald: NZ tops in eco projects