This position has now been filled
The Science Media Centre is looking for assistance to help track and summarise significant emerging research on COVID-19 and its potential implications for New Zealand.
The SMC already monitors new research publications under embargo for relevance to NZ media, and provides advance warning to registered journalists through Scimex and twice-weekly SMC Picks emails. We anticipate this role will support the SMC’s existing activities and extend our capacity to highlight relevant emerging research to NZ media.
What we are looking for:
- Specialist contractor support with capacity to work remotely
- Availability for approx.15 hours/week over the next 3 – 6 months
- Experience interpreting research publications across a wide range of topics
- Skilled at producing concise plain-language summaries / digests suitable for NZ media
- Ability to work effectively and independently to tight time frames
- Experience in a relevant research field preferred
Please forward expressions of interest (including CV) to email@example.com.