Our aim is to promote accurate, evidence-based reporting on science and technology by helping the media work more closely with the scientific community.
View our Archive
Latest Blog Post
The Science Media Centre and Mohawk Media will hit Palmerston North in July host a workshop on communicating scientific concepts in 90 second science videos aimed at an online audience and leveraging platforms like Youtube and Vimeo. Great short videos can be produced using the high-definition camera built into your smartphone or tablet. How can... >> Read Full Post
Tools & Useful Links
For the MediaArticles for Media
- SMC Desk Guide for Covering Science – Second Edition
- Five years of Science in the Media
- Science Data Service
- SMC Infographics
- Sciblogs NZ
- How science works – The peer review process
- How science works: What is the scientific method?
- PM's Chief Science Advisor
- Guidelines for Science & Health Reporting
For ScientistsArticles for Scientists