Our aim is to promote accurate, evidence-based reporting on science and technology by helping the media work more closely with the scientific community.
Latest Blog Post
Hundreds braved the wind and swirling rain on Friday night to gather at Te Papa for the Canon Media Awards, the print media’s shindig to celebrate the best journalist from the past year. Given the monumental change facing the industry, with a merger between NZME and Fairfax New Zealand on the cards, it was an auspicious night, and nearly... >> Read Full Post
Tools & Useful Links
For the MediaArticles for Media
- SMC Desk Guide for Covering Science – Third Edition
- Five years of Science in the Media
- Science Data Service
- SMC Infographics
- Sciblogs NZ
- How science works – The peer review process
- How science works: What is the scientific method?
- PM's Chief Science Advisor
- Guidelines for Science & Health Reporting
For ScientistsArticles for Scientists