Our aim is to promote accurate, evidence-based reporting on science and technology by helping the media work more closely with the scientific community.
View our Archive
Latest Blog Post
He made it to ten years, and on reflection, he was bloody lucky to get there. The axing of John Campbell’s show and his departure from Mediaworks is a real loss for journalism. But it points to a larger shift in viewing habits and tastes of TV viewers who, we are told, are getting their hard news fix online during the day and therefore... >> Read Full Post
Tools & Useful Links
For the MediaArticles for Media
- SMC Desk Guide for Covering Science – Second Edition
- Five years of Science in the Media
- Science Data Service
- SMC Infographics
- Sciblogs NZ
- How science works – The peer review process
- How science works: What is the scientific method?
- PM's Chief Science Advisor
- Guidelines for Science & Health Reporting
For ScientistsArticles for Scientists