Our aim is to promote accurate, evidence-based reporting on science and technology by helping the media work more closely with the scientific community.
View our Archive
Latest Blog Post
The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCC) Conference of the Parties, also known as COP 21, is fast approaching, kicking off on Monday November 30 and running until Friday December 11. The Science Media Centre will be monitoring the negotiations in Paris closely and working with experts and journalists to ensure informed,... >> Read Full Post
Tools & Useful Links
For the MediaArticles for Media
- SMC Desk Guide for Covering Science – Third Edition
- Five years of Science in the Media
- Science Data Service
- SMC Infographics
- Sciblogs NZ
- How science works – The peer review process
- How science works: What is the scientific method?
- PM's Chief Science Advisor
- Guidelines for Science & Health Reporting
For ScientistsArticles for Scientists