Our aim is to promote accurate, evidence-based reporting on science and technology by helping the media work more closely with the scientific community.
Latest Blog Post
by Peter Griffin, SMC Director I’m asked to give a lot of presentations to groups in the science sector about what is going on with the media. These days, that involves changing my presentation on a weekly basis. Last week’s update accounted for the review of feature programmes at RNZ, including the long-running Our Changing World... >> Read Full Post
Tools & Useful Links
For the MediaArticles for Media
- SMC Desk Guide for Covering Science – Third Edition
- Five years of Science in the Media
- Science Data Service
- SMC Infographics
- Sciblogs NZ
- How science works – The peer review process
- How science works: What is the scientific method?
- PM's Chief Science Advisor
- Guidelines for Science & Health Reporting
For ScientistsArticles for Scientists