Our aim is to promote accurate, evidence-based reporting on science and technology by helping the media work more closely with the scientific community.
Latest Blog Post
Researchers are stretched for time and science communication efforts are often not seen as a priority. But savvy science communicators quickly learn to make the most of the time they do have to communicate and here are some of their tricks for having impact while they maintain a busy research career. 1. Plan, plan, plan: Science involves a heck... >> Read Full Post
Tools & Useful Links
For the MediaArticles for Media
- SMC Desk Guide for Covering Science – Third Edition
- Five years of Science in the Media
- Science Data Service
- SMC Infographics
- Sciblogs NZ
- How science works – The peer review process
- How science works: What is the scientific method?
- PM's Chief Science Advisor
- Guidelines for Science & Health Reporting
For ScientistsArticles for Scientists