Our aim is to promote accurate, evidence-based reporting on science and technology by helping the media work more closely with the scientific community.
Latest Blog Post
Our 2016 Science Journalism Fellow, Meena Amso, has landed on her feet following journalism school picking up a reporting role with Channel 39 TV station based in Queenstown. Amso was the Science Media Centre’s 2016 Fellow, which saw the Centre offer financial support to assist her in undertaking a post graduate diploma in journalism at the... >> Read Full Post
Tools & Useful Links
For the MediaArticles for Media
- SMC Desk Guide for Covering Science – Third Edition
- Five years of Science in the Media
- Science Data Service
- SMC Infographics
- Sciblogs NZ
- How science works – The peer review process
- How science works: What is the scientific method?
- PM's Chief Science Advisor
- Guidelines for Science & Health Reporting
For ScientistsArticles for Scientists