Our aim is to promote accurate, evidence-based reporting on science and technology by helping the media work more closely with the scientific community.
Latest Blog Post
The Science Media Centre will in March offer workshops in Auckland and Wellington and an open-access webinar on making short videos to communicate research. These Science Media SAVVY workshops focus on giving scientists the tools and skills to communicate their research in 90 second videos aimed at an online audience and leveraging platforms like... >> Read Full Post
Tools & Useful Links
For the MediaArticles for Media
- SMC Desk Guide for Covering Science – Third Edition
- Five years of Science in the Media
- Science Data Service
- SMC Infographics
- Sciblogs NZ
- How science works – The peer review process
- How science works: What is the scientific method?
- PM's Chief Science Advisor
- Guidelines for Science & Health Reporting
For ScientistsArticles for Scientists