Our aim is to promote accurate, evidence-based reporting on science and technology by helping the media work more closely with the scientific community.
Latest Blog Post
Of the roughly 6500 languages now spoken, up to half are already endangered or on the brink of extinction. Linguists estimate that a language dies somewhere in the world every two weeks.
Follow us on Twitter
There are no tweets to display for this user.
Tools & Useful Links
For the MediaArticles for Media
- Guidelines for Science & Health Reporting
- How science works – The peer review process
- How science works: What is the scientific method?
- How to read health news
- PM's Chief Science Advisor
- Research blogging
- Sciblogs NZ
- SMC Desktop Guide for Covering Science
- SMC Infographics
For ScientistsArticles for Scientists
- Communicating Risk in a Soundbite
- Communicating uncertainty in a soundbite
- Helpful hints for scientists
- Royal Society (UK) media tips
- Science Debate 2008
- Science Media SAVVY
- SMC Prospectus
- Tips for Working with the Media
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- Who’s reporting science-related issues in New Zealand?
- Yale forum on Climate Change and the Media