Our aim is to promote accurate, evidence-based reporting on science and technology by helping the media work more closely with the scientific community.
Latest Blog Post
We love evidence, here at the SMC. So when the chance came up to put our own work under the microscope, we jumped at the opportunity. Earlier this year, we set out to evaluate the impact of the work we are doing with scientists, journalists and editors, with a particular focus on our Science Media SAVVY training workshops. Our Science Media SAVVY... >> Read Full Post
Tools & Useful Links
For the MediaArticles for Media
- SMC Desk Guide for Covering Science – Third Edition
- Five years of Science in the Media
- Science Data Service
- SMC Infographics
- Sciblogs NZ
- How science works – The peer review process
- How science works: What is the scientific method?
- PM's Chief Science Advisor
- Guidelines for Science & Health Reporting
For ScientistsArticles for Scientists