Our aim is to promote accurate, evidence-based reporting on science and technology by helping the media work more closely with the scientific community.
View our Archive
Latest Blog Post
The SMC is bringing its science animation workshop to Auckland and will also head to Christchurch to explore how scientists can harness short videos to communicate their science. These free one-day workshops aim to give scientists and science communicators skills to harness off the shelf tools to create short animations and videos showcasing... >> Read Full Post
Tools & Useful Links
For the MediaArticles for Media
- SMC Desk Guide for Covering Science – Second Edition
- Five years of Science in the Media
- Science Data Service
- SMC Infographics
- Sciblogs NZ
- How science works – The peer review process
- How science works: What is the scientific method?
- PM's Chief Science Advisor
- Guidelines for Science & Health Reporting
For ScientistsArticles for Scientists