Our aim is to promote accurate, evidence-based reporting on science and technology by helping the media work more closely with the scientific community.
View our Archive
Latest Blog Post
The weekly science page that runs in the Dominion Post and Press newspapers is now being syndicated across four additional Fairfax newspapers, increasing the page’s potential reach to nearly 560,000 readers each week. The Dominion Post has for several years now run a science page each week, anchored by veteran science columnist Bob Brockie... >> Read Full Post
Tools & Useful Links
For the MediaArticles for Media
- SMC Desk Guide for Covering Science – Third Edition
- Five years of Science in the Media
- Science Data Service
- SMC Infographics
- Sciblogs NZ
- How science works – The peer review process
- How science works: What is the scientific method?
- PM's Chief Science Advisor
- Guidelines for Science & Health Reporting
For ScientistsArticles for Scientists