Our aim is to promote accurate, evidence-based reporting on science and technology by helping the media work more closely with the scientific community.
Latest Blog Post
Around 350 finalists have been named in the 70 categories of the Canon Media Awards, the New Zealand media’s premier journalism awards. The Science and Technology Award, which is sponsored by the Science Media Centre, has four finalists including: Alison Ballance RNZ Kate Evans, New Zealand Geographic Rebecca Macfie, New Zealand... >> Read Full Post
Tools & Useful Links
For the MediaArticles for Media
- SMC Desk Guide for Covering Science – Third Edition
- Five years of Science in the Media
- Science Data Service
- SMC Infographics
- Sciblogs NZ
- How science works – The peer review process
- How science works: What is the scientific method?
- PM's Chief Science Advisor
- Guidelines for Science & Health Reporting
For ScientistsArticles for Scientists